Monday, May 18, 2009

Interview on parents ( To be assesed for ACE )

Interview process:

Q : Have you ever read a book that leaves a lasting impression on you?
A : Yes, I read a book named "Charlotte's Web" when I was younger, and I still remember it up to now.

Q : How did you get to know about this book?
A : I came across this book when I went to the library, and saw it on display in the shelves.

Q : What is the story mainly about?
A : The story is about a pig named Wilbur and a spider named Charlotte. They live in a farm, and develop a deep friendship. Soon after, Wilbur discovers that the farmer is going to slaughter him, and turns to the wise Charlotte for help. Charlotte attempts to save him from being slaughtered by spinning webs with words, such as "Some Pig" to make him famous, so that he would not be killed. In the end, Charlotte's idea works, and Wilbur is saved. After a while, Charlotte died. However, she had laid some egg sacs before dying. Wilbur repays her kindness by taking care of them for her.

Q : What makes you have a deep impression of the story?
A : I truly admire the spirit of friendship between Charlotte and Wilbur. Moreover, they are just animals, yet they have such a deep friendship. Charlotte is also very wise to be able to save Wilbur ; it is almost impossible for a mere spider to save a pig, which in this case is, Wilbur. This is an extremely touching story, which is why it appeals to me.

Q : Would you recommend this story to others?
A : Yes, I would. This story is very educational ; it teaches some moral values to children. It is also very interesting to read for children, teenagers and even adults.

1 comment:

  1. This was one of my favorite books when I was a kid. I like the comments given by your parent(s) about it.

    ReplyDelete